Christ Community Health now offers online and telephone appointments for current patients.
What is a TeleVisit?
Christ Community patients can take an active role in their health by participating in a live-video/chat appointment or a “TeleVisit”. In an effort to protect patients and staff, patients are encouraged to talk with their care team to find out if a TeleVisit may be appropriate for their care needs. Despite the physical distance, you can expect the same quality medical care you would receive in a face-to-face appointment.
Some appointments or procedures may be rescheduled. If there are changes to your care, your care team will contact you.
TeleVisit vs. Virtual Phone Visit?
If you have internet and a connected device like a smartphone, computer or tablet, your provider will schedule you for a TeleVisit. During this visit, you will be able to hear and see your provider. They will also be able to hear and see you.
If you do not have an internet connection or a device, you will be scheduled for a Virtual Phone Visit. During a Virtual Phone Visit, you will be able to speak directly to your provider through your cell phone or home phone just as if you were sitting in our office.
Why Choose Telemedicine?
Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, we are encouraging patients to participate in online or telephone appointments for their safety and health. There are many benefits to Telemedicine:
- Telemedicine appointments can take place at home – near family
- Save time and travel expenses
- Reduce time off from work
Your Patient Portal
Our Secure Patient Portal allows you convenient, 24/7 access to your personal health information. MyCCHSA is a safe and secure way to:
- Participate in a TeleVisit
- Ask your provider a clinical question
- Schedule, confirm, reschedule, or cancel an appointment
- Request a prescription refill
- Review your lab results
- Review the Clinical Summary of your visit.
- Access your personal health information
Call us to set up your MyCCHSA patient portal.
How do I schedule a TeleVisit appointment?
You or your provider can request a TeleVisit through the Patient Portal. Call your care team or send a message through the Patient Portal to ask if a TeleVisit appointment is appropriate for you.
- View the TeleVisit Appointment Patient Guide or watch a healow TeleVisit YouTube video
- Set up your login to access your Patient Portal Account
- For mobile use, download the healow app. Use your Patient Portal username and password
- Use your smartphone, tablet or computer with a webcam
- Turn on or plug in your speakers or headphones
- Can your provider see you?
- For a TeleVisit, make sure it takes place in a well-lit room with the camera on your device facing you.
- Can your provider hear you?
- Turn off or move away from any background noise. Make sure your speakers or headphones are working properly.
- Are you in a private place?
- This is important so you can discuss your personal, medical care safely.
- Do you have any questions?
- Come prepared for your appointment. Have a pen and paper ready, and write your questions down.
Internet and Phone Resources
- Apply for affordable high-speed Internet at home with Internet Essentials from Comcast. New customers will receive two months of free service in response to the Coronavirus emergency.
- Contact your cell phone providers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc.) for discounts and offers during this time.
Is Telemedicine safe and secure?
Yes! Your information is carefully protected – just as it would if you had an in-person appointment. Each TeleVisit and Virtual Phone Visit appointment is secure and compliant with HIPAA.
For Telemedicine questions or issues, please call Christ Community Health at (706) 922-0600.