Christ Community offers various opportunities for students who desire to integrate their faith and medicine.
Our mission is to proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and to demonstrate His love by providing affordable, quality primary health care to the underserved.
If you are interested in a rotation, preceptorship, or shadowing, please submit the Student Rotation Application below.
Please indicate the specialty you need for your program (Family Medicine, Women’s Health, or Pediatrics, etc). We accept applications on a rolling basis. All applications will be carefully reviewed and you will be emailed the decision.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gap Year Internships
The Medical Scribe and Quality Improvement Internships are for students taking a gap year (starting May/June) before going to a health profession school (medical, public health, physician assistant) and who have a vision for primary care among the poor.
- Develop a Kingdom vision for using your gifts to “do justice and love mercy” through healthcare
- Learn about the healthcare needs of low-income populations and current strategies to address them
- Gain experience in an urban community health center and receive mentorship from the Medical Director
- Develop an understanding of medical processes, familiarity with EHR and experience in a clinical setting
Interested in applying?
Please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com and specify which internship (Medical Scribe or Quality Improvement) you are interested in doing.
Summer Internship Program
During Christ Community Health’s Summer Internship Program (SIP), students are challenged to lay down their lives in response to the love of Christ and to live out the gospel through healthcare among the poor and marginalized.
The SIP is held from May – July every year. The application deadline is March 15th.
During the internship, you will:
- Shadow healthcare providers
- See holistic medicine that addresses the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients
- Develop basic patient interview and exam skills
- Gain experience in disease diagnosis and treatment
- Learn about the various challenges faced by patients and community health centers
- Observe quality improvement, care coordination and case management activities
- Assist with community engagement opportunities, such as health screenings, exercise classes and development workshops
- Learn about other local ministries
- Go through reading lists on devotions and healthcare with vocational missions
A complete application includes:
- Completed Google Form Application (see above)
- Letter of Good Standing from School
- Immunization record
Applications will be reviews on a rolling basis. You will be informed of our final decision by email.
Email us at SIP@cchsaugusta.org