Through the Christ Community Health Summer Internship Program, students are challenged to lay down their lives in response to the love of Christ and to live out the gospel through healthcare among the poor and marginalized.
This internship is for Medical and Nursing students.
The application deadline for the 2018 Summer Internship Program is April 1, 2018.
- Four-week rotation at Christ Community Health (June 4-29, 2018)
- One-week rotation at Christ Community Health (between June 4-29, 2018)
- Optional: One-week international mission trip during or before rotation (June 2-9, 2018)
- Develop interview and exam skills
- Experience disease diagnosis and treatment
- Learn about the financial challenges faced by patients, communities, and health centers
- Learn about Quality Improvement, Care Coordination, and Case Management
- Develop a Kingdom vision for using one’s gifts to “Do justice and love mercy” through healthcare.
- Work with other local agencies to develop an understanding of how partnerships impact communities.
Resources and Other Info:
- Reading list provided
- Housing available
- Students will be responsible for their own meals and transportation for the duration of the program.
- Optional mission trip costs approximately $2,500 (Fundraising guidance available
Questions? Contact us at SIP@cchsaugusta.org.