These internships are for students taking a gap year before going to a health profession school (medical, public health, physician assistant) and who have a vision for primary care among the poor.
Applications are now being accepted for a Medical Scribe Internship and a Quality Improvement Assistant Internship.
- Develop a Kingdom vision for using your gifts to “Do justice and love mercy” through healthcare
- Learn about the healthcare needs of low-income populations and current strategies to address them
- Gain experience in an urban community health center and receive mentorship from the Medical Director
- Develop an understanding of medical processes, familiarity with EHR and experience in a clinical setting
During Christ Community Health’s Summer Internship Program (SIP), students are challenged to lay down their lives in response to the love of Christ and to live out the gospel through healthcare among the poor and marginalized.
The SIP is held from June 1 to Aug. 31, 2019. Students may apply for a 1-week internship or a 4-week internship. During the internship, you will:
- Shadow healthcare providers
- See holistic medicine that addresses the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients
- Develop basic patient interview and exam skills
- Gin experience in disease diagnosis and treatment
- Learn about the various challenges faced by patients and community health centers
- Observe quality improvement, care coordination and case management activities
- Assist with community engagement opportunities, such as health screenings, exercise classes and development workshops
- Learn about other local ministries
- Go through reading lists on devotions and healthcare with vocational missions
The application deadline for the SIP is April 1, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. A complete application includes:
- Completed Google Form application (click here)
- Letter of Good Standing
- Immunization record
You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received.
Any application materials submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.