The objective of the Summer Internship Program is to expose students to the medical needs of an underserved urban environment. Students learn about the resources required to meet these needs and are challenged to lay down their lives for the Gospel by serving the poor and underserved through medicine.
This internship is for students who have just completed their first year of Medical School or for any Nursing students.
There are two options for the summer internship program:
- You can apply for the four-week rotation with Christ Community Health (June 4-29, 2018).
- An optional, one-week international mission trip during your rotation is also available.
- You can apply for a one-week rotation with Christ Community Health.
- Developing patient interview and exam skills
- Experiencing disease diagnosis and treatment
- Learning about fundraising and clinic administration
- Completing Community work in non-medical settings to serve the poor
A reading list will be provided and specific projects may be assigned based on clinic needs.
For out-of-town students, housing is available.
Nursing students will have the opportunity to spend time with licensed staff RN’s and LPN’s, and benefit from exposure to nursing case management, care coordination, and outreach events.
An optional one-week international medical mission trip will also be offered as part of the four-week program during the month of June. The optional mission trip typically costs about $2,500, we will provide guidance on raising support to cover the cost.
Apply for the 2018 Summer Internship Program. The deadline is February 2, 2018.
Questions? Contact Michelle Martin at email@example.com.